If you made it to this page you’ve probably already done plenty of research on protein powder in regards to price, health, safety, ingredients, etc. I won’t go too much into that, but what I will say is……… this is an OK deal from Costco. If you’re a regular Costco shopper & you enjoy the optimum nutrition brand, then you probably already purchase this stuff. What makes it a really good deal is when it goes on sale. They only carry chocolate & vanilla. I’ve had this product in the past & I’ve always enjoyed it. I usually switch back and forth between chocolate and vanilla because after 5 pounds of this stuff I’m usually ready for another flavor. The protein powder I use now is from Amazon & I highly recommend it. Continue reading & I’ll link the products I use and let you know why. The reason this is a good deal is because it’s $49.99 (same price as Amazon) except you get 5.46 pounds instead of 5 pounds. If you want to read thousand of reviews follow these 2 Amazon links for the optimum nutrition brand (again, it’s ALMOST just as good of a deal on Amazon)…………..
- Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder, French Vanilla Creme, 5 Pound
- Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder, Double Rich Chocolate, 5 Pound
- Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder, Chocolate Mint, 5 Pound
Here’s some of the highlights of this protein powder……
- 24 grams of protein per serving
- 1 gram of fat per serving
- 110 calories per serving
- RBST & gluten free
- Ingredient List: Protein Blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Peptides), Natural & Artificial Flavor, Lecithin, Salt, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose, Lactase
Now the ingredient list is the reason I opt for brand on Amazon. I am not a fan of the fake sweeteners & prefer the unflavored protein powder. It allows me to make whatever flavor I desire without all the additional chemicals. Frozen fruit is my sweetener of choice. It’s perfect! The following are the 2 protein powders I have tried with great success, as well as the organic cacao powder I add to give it that chocolaty flavor………
- Grass Fed Whey Protein Powder – 100% Natural and Pure – 24g High Protein – 5lb/72 Servings – Cold Processed – Non-GMO – rBGH-Free – High Quality from Wisconsin USA
- Levels 100% Grass Fed Whey Protein, No GMOs, Unflavored, 5LB
- Navitas Organics Cacao Powder, 24 oz. Bag – Organic, Non-GMO, Fair Trade, Gluten-Free
Now like I said in the beginning…….you’ve probably done plenty of research & I’m sure all these protein powders have their pro’s & con’s. I just know I prefer the 2 brand from Amazon, so this is one of the few times I would recommend Amazon over Costco (It still doesn’t feel right to say). Please let me know what you think…..
Price: $49.99, Item: 1243864 (Vanilla), 1243880 (Chocolate)
Other posts you may like…….
- Costco Optimum Nutrition Performance Whey Isolate 3.35 lbs
- Costco MusclePharm Combat Protein Powder Cookies & Cream 6 lbs