Similar to the Netgear Nighthawk AX6 AX4300 WiFi 6 Router from my other post, this is the upgraded model which is the Netgear Nighthawk AX8 AX5700. It’s got a few more features & boasts faster speeds so if you feel the AX6 isn’t enough power for you, the AX8 may be your choice. I’m not going to get into the specific differences for the nighthawk models. There are probably tons of videos and speed tests you can look up to make that decision…….I just want to give you the price & let you know Costco carries this model. The one thing I will say is I’ve dealt with MANY routers in my life & I have had great success with the Netgear Nighthawks. There are a fair amount of negative reviews that I think can be mostly attributed to firmware issues. New routers always seem to be buggy for a few months to a year, which is why they constantly have firmware updates. That is why I HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you update the firmware to the latest version upon purchase, because most likely it’s going to be an older version that my be buggy.
None the less, this router is packed with features. Here are a few of the features that comes with the Netgear Nighthawk AX8 AX5700….
- Next-generation WiFi 6 (802.11ax) Technology for the Increasing Demand for Wireless Connectivity
- High-performance WiFi 6 for Smart Homes with 30+ Devices. 4x Faster Speeds than 11ac
- Quad-core 1.8 GHz Processor Enables Smooth, Bufferless 4K/8K Ultra-High-Definition (UHD) Video Streaming
- Get Faster File Transfers and Uninterrupted Connections Using the Six (6) Wired Gigabit Ports
- Backwards-compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WiFi Technologies. Modem Required
- Model Number: RAX75-100NAS
With the ever increasing demand for wireless bandwidth, these new routers & technology are a must. It’s easy to forget how many wireless devices are actually connected to our home networks………Desktops, Laptops, phones, tablets, readers, doorbells, smoke detectors, refrigerators, cameras, security systems, thermostats, smart speakers, smart screens, TV’s, etc. When you actually sit down & count the devices, you may realize you have more than you think!
If you’d like to read more about it, here is a similar model on Amazon. It is ALMOST the exact same with some subtle changes. The Costco version is the AX8 AX5700 while the Amazon version is the AX8 AX6000. Check it out……….
- NETGEAR Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi 6 Router (RAX80) – AX6000 Wireless Speed (up to 6Gbps) | Up to 2500 sq ft Coverage & 30+ Devices | Ideal for iPhone 11, Samsung Galaxy S20
Price: $299.99, Item Number: 1346200
Other posts you may like………